Are you a sweet or a salty kinda person? Hands down, I’m a salty gal. Give me all the chips.
Making your own chips at home is really easy, although slightly time consuming for the pay off. But the plus side is that you get to add whatever fabulous flavours you want (rosemary and garlic!) and you can use gorgeous purple potatoes.
I have an obsession with purple vegetable. Especially purple vegetables that aren’t usually purple. So beautiful, right?
Rosemary Garlic Potato Chips
– Potatoes (Purple, or not)
– Coconut oil
– Chopped Dried Rosemary
– Garlic Powder
– Sea Salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Slice potatoes thinly.
*A mandolin slicer makes this easier, but is not necessary. Just try to slice the same thickness for every chip.
3. (Note: I am usually too lazy for this step, but people seem to think it makes for a better chip) With water, rinse the extra starch off your potato slices then dry them using a clean dish towel.
4. In a bowl mix chips with enough oil to cover them, then line them in a single layer on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle rosemary, garlic powder, and salt to your taste over the sheet of potato slices.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes. I usually check on them at about 10 – 15 minutes and start taking out any crispy chips.
Happy Monday, may your week be filled with purple veggies!